Zoom is a reliable cloud platform for video, voice, and content sharing that runs across mobile devices, computers, and telephones. Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams and members together in a virtual environment to get more done.
Get ready to attend Zoom meetings and events:
- You must have a free Zoom account before you can attend a Zoom meeting. CLICK HERE to sign-up.
- After you have a Zoom account, you must download the App to your phone or the plug-in to your computer before you can attend a Zoom meeting. When you attend your first Zoom meeting, if you do not have Zoom installed, you will see a link to download the App or plug-in.
- If you would like to test your computer or device with Zoom, you can CLICK HERE to join a test meeting.
To attend a virtual Charlotte Garden Club program through Zoom:
- All Charlotte Garden Club members will receive a meeting invitation a few days before each virtual program is scheduled.
- If you would like to attend the meeting, you must click the link in the meeting invitation and register for the meeting.
- If you do not register, you will not be able to attend the meeting.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email a day or so before the meeting. When it is time for the meeting to start, click “Click Here to Join” in the email to join the meeting.
- Once you enter a CGC virtual meeting, place your cursor over the black bar at the bottom of the screen and you will see:
- Please keep your microphone muted unless requested to unmute by the host.
- Click the “Start Video” button to see the video portion of the meeting.
- To focus on the active speaker during the meeting, put your cursor over the screen and click the “Speaker View” button in the upper right-hand corner to activate.
- If you have questions for the presenter during the meeting, click the “Chat” button to send your questions to the host. There will be a Q&A at the end of the meeting.
Suggestions for attending a Zoom meeting:
- It is better to attend a meeting with a computer, tablet, or phone that has a camera and microphone.
- It is better to attend a meeting through WIFI.
- If the meeting audio is not acceptable, please exit the audio through your device and call into the meeting audio with a phone call.
We hope to see you all in our virtual meetings!
Copyright ©2020 Zoom Video Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.